Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the origin of LoveLocks?
LoveLocks have been inspired by the beautiful ancient art of love padlocking, thought to have originated in China. A person engraves or writes their declaration of love for another onto a padlock, and affixes it to a gate or bridge symbolically locking their love together forever.
What makes LoveLocks different?
- Our Lovelocks are entirely made and assembled in the UK, we are proud to support local British business.
- Our Lovelocks have a "lock one time only" feature, meaning that there is no key-litter
- Our Lovelocks are designed to be as weather-resistant as possible, with a high quality stainless steel shackle
- Our Lovelocks are light-weight- up to 6x lighter than the average padlock! Thus posing less of a weight burden on structures. Plus, they look far prettier!
- As a company we engage in local community fundraising projects. For example, we helped to raise £10,300 for the RNLI with our Forth Road Bridge project.
What are the LoveLocks made from?
Our UK made Lovelocks are made of Aluminium, with a stainless steel shackle. These locks have been specifically designed for outdoor placement.
LoveLocks are a total height of 4". The body is 2" wide.
How much text can I fit on the Lovelock?
This depends on the theme that you are ordering and whether the text space also includes an image. The website will cut-off any text that exceeds the limit as you try to type it in, so please pay attention to your engraving in basket and on your Order Confirmation to ensure you are not missing any text.
This is for a gift, is the packaging discreet?
Yes, our packaging does not include our name or logo.